Privacy of your personal information
We respect your right to privacy and understand the need to protect your personal information. We adhere to the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other relevant codes and requirements relating to the privacy of your personal information
Information we obtain
We may obtain information:
- By cookies when you visit our website. A cookie is a small amount of information which is transferred to the hard drive of your computer which can identify your web browser but not you. If you want to, you can disable your web browser from accepting cookies. If you do, you can still access our website, but not all services may be available.
- When you first submit to us an application to use our website and obtain a username/password.
- When you knowingly give us information when applying for or purchasing any goods or services on our website, including email.
Security of your personal information
Access to your personal information is limited to those parties within Dexion who require legitimate access to it.
We have implemented procedures and installed equipment to safeguard the security and confidentiality of your information. We continually review these arrangements to ensure we are doing all that is reasonably and technically feasible at the time to protect your information, although because of the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that it is totally protected from hackers or misuse.
Collection and use of information
Your personal information may be collected when you communicate with us via telephone, email, letter, through this website, from third parties (including credit agencies) or via any other means of communication deemed necessary by us. Information we collect may include: name, address, contact details, date of birth, credit card particulars, drivers licence details, and any other information we may want or need to obtain.
We may collect information for a number of reasons, including and relating, but not limited, to:
- Identify your security access to our website
- Respond to queries and applications.
- Keep a record of our dealings with each other.
- Provision of products or services (including applications for credit)
- Registration and administration of product warranties
- Protection against fraudulent activity
- Complying with legal obligations
- Direct marketing
- Communication to better understand our customers' needs and tailor services
- Enhance the content of our website
By giving us information, you consent to these uses, although in the case of receiving marketing material you may opt-out.
We will use personal information about you only:
- As you consent.
- For purposes related to the reason you gave us the information for, and even then, only if you would reasonably expect us to use it, or
- In statutorily required law enforcement, public health or public safety circumstances.
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may only be communicated internally between Dexion and the relevant Franchisee, other internal related bodies corporate and third parties, only as required to carry on Dexion's business.
We may only disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- Related companies or parties involved in the supply and / or repair of Our products on your behalf
- Third party service suppliers, including, but not limited to, installers and courier service suppliers, (eg: to facilitate postage of items to you) as necessary to enable them to help us provide services to you.
- Parties involved in the maintenance of our Information Technology systems
- Your authorised representatives (including accounting, legal and financial advisers)
- Organisations required by law
- Any other party where your consent is obtained.
Your personal information will not be sold or distributed to third parties for the purpose of direct marketing or statistical analysis. Your personal information will only be used for a purpose directly related to Dexion's business and promotion of Dexion products and services.
If you believe any information we have obtained concerns you as an individual, you may ask us for access to this information and, if we are reasonably able to do so, we will give you this access. If you want to access this information, please send your requests to us at: email@example.com
If you believe our information about you as an individual is inaccurate or outdated or is misleading because it is incomplete and you wish to change this information, please send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will then amend the information as you request, or give you reasons why not.
What this provacy policy does not apply to
- To dealings with us except via our website or in respect of our website services; or
- To corporate information (unless it is also about any identifiable person); or